Why won't my domain verification email resend due to server error?

Vincent7771
Visitor
1 0 0

I don't know why it says to verify my domain but when I go to do so I resend the email and it dose not resend it will say server error. What should I do?

Replies 3 (3)

Victoria
Shopify Staff
2093 148 247

Hi there, @Vincent7771.

Welcome to the Shopify Community and thanks for sharing your question here!

Verifying your domain is an important step when connecting your third-party domain to ShopifyDomain verification provides a way for you to claim ownership of your domain. You mentioned that when resending your domain verification email, it states there's a server error. For better visibility, could you please share a screenshot of this error? 

Have you tried clearing your cookies and cache or trying in another browser or device?

I'd like to share a few steps below to ensure this email is pushed through to your inbox. You may need to change the email on file. You can update this information by doing the following:

• Within your Shopify admin > Settings > Domains section, select the domain that needs to be edited.
  • Under Domain Settings, there will be a drop-down menu. Select Edit contact information.
  • You can then edit the email address to an inbox you currently have access to, at which time the verification email will be resent.

To help you locate this section, please see the screenshot below:

19-31-94603-23117

Lastly, I wanted to share our General Checklist for starting a new Shopify store. It looks as though you're just getting started and our checklist can help speed up the building process. Feel free to let us know a bit more about your online business and what inspired you to start!

Victoria | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

DamianRobles
Visitor
2 0 2

I have this same issue, can I have some help please?

Victoria
Shopify Staff
2093 148 247

Hi, @DamianRobles.

Thanks for popping into the thread!

To confirm, you're unable to receive the domain verification email? Could you share a bit more information on the specific issue, as any details will help us to further investigate. Could you also share what steps you've already taken?

I look forward to hearing back and having this resolved for you. 

Victoria | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog