Experiment with Ads on the Shopify App Store coming soon

Shopify Partner
21 0 1

What categories are you intending on running the experiment on? We would like to participate and have filled out the form, but we have not heard back yet. Looking forward to this.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
97 0 12

If this were aimed as a tool to help app developers to get exposure, perhaps it should be limited to those w/ under a certain number of reviews? Or app developers who who have fewer than a certain number of reviews in aggregate?

Shopify needs to determine the real reason they want to do this and design the program to meet those goals. Do they just see this as an additional income stream? Then open the program to everyone and let the large successful companies with money outspend everyone. But if it's a tool to help new entrants? Create criteria so that only those apps can participate.

As described though, it seems like this could be just a band-aid for how apps are presented on the category page.

Todd - ShopClerk Order Tracking for Shopify - https://shopclerk.net
3 Likes
Shopify Partner
3 0 3

I like the idea of ads, but as I have suggested in the form I filled, I think need control 2 things:

1. Bid - Not automatically bid, but fixed(at least to start), because bid will go higher and will be not affordable for small companies.

2. Impressions Number - To be fair I think need to limit the number of impressions for each app daily(or partner), this will make the ads always rotate, and not show too much the same app/partner.

The idea is to give the same power(through limit) to small and large partners.

This can be a great feature and turn the store into a more diverse place, or it can benefit just the giants and make it less diverse.

2 Likes
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Agree!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1663 50 174

Is this a custom system or an established adnetwork with analtyics?

“The app developer paid to advertise this app.”

CPC or CPM or per install or ?

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept the solution so you can help others.
Confused? Busy? ? Get me to solve it paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com.
Buy me a coffee? ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
0 Likes