Mandatory GDPR webhooks for all apps

Tourist
5 0 2

Any update on this from Shopify? Still receiving hourly repeating "shop/redact" webhooks for the same handful of stores even though we're returning HTTP 200s

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
469 36 92

Thanks for the reports, I've asked the team to look into it.  Followup to that, are these shops that have actually uninstalled? Or are you receiving shop/redact for shops that still have your app installed?

Thanks!

Developer Experience @ Shopify
1 Like
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for passing it along, it's appreciated. I can confirm in our case that the recurring "shop/redact" webhooks are coming in for stores that have uninstalled.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
469 36 92

Hi David and Rarelogic,

Can you share what app is having these issues, and an example of some shops so the team can investigate? 

If you'd rather email it, ryan (dot) ormsby (at) shopify (dot) com

Cheers!

1 Like
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi Ryan,

I just sent you an email with relevant info.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Excursionist
23 0 5

Ryan, we just emailed you over our details as well. We've gotten 45 notices on the same three stores since 6am this morning.

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
469 36 92

Hey all, a fix was shipped a few hours ago to stop duplicate notices.  If you are still receiving them please post here.

1 Like
Excursionist
23 0 5

The issue does appear to be resolved. Thank you Ryan for your assistance.

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 2

Hey Ryan,

The issue has been resolved for us as well.

Thank you for resolving the issue for us.

The RareLogic Team.

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
685 0 68

"you can find the information and deletion request options on each customer's profile in Shopify."

I have a Customer requesting removal but I don't see that box you have screenshotted above.

I'm a million different people
0 Likes