Mandatory GDPR webhooks for all apps

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
469 36 92

We were collecting all redaction requests, even though we weren't sending out the webhooks.  We are now processing this queue and sending those webhooks through.  Duplicates can occur on stores that uninstall and reinstall apps frequently for whatever reason.  If it doesn't look like these are valid, please let us know.

Developer Experience @ Shopify
0 Likes
5 0 0

Hey Ryan,

We're experiencing duplicates for stores that have uninstalled us only once. 

A shop/redact webhook was sent to the same customer every day of the dates I've previously mentioned. 

Could you please let me know to what email we should send additional data on this if necessary?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
469 36 92

Hi Amit,

I'll email you at the address on your forum account.  You can provide me more information there.

Ryan

1 Like
2 0 0

Hello Ryan,

We are also receiving multiple redaction requests for shop data, even though the user has only removed the store once. This appears to come in 2 days apart ... so far we have seen two or three webhooks for the same uninstall event. Total of ~20 redundant redaction requests. Please advise. Thanks.

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hello @Ryan O,

Please advise on the above.

Thanks,

Richard
Head of Product
Parcel Perform

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
469 36 92

Hey Richard,

A fix went already went out for this issue, if its still occuring please let me know.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
2 0 4

Hello Ryan, 

Can Shopify build test feature that allows developers to test the mandatory webhooks? Something that triggers these webhooks immediately would be great. As a developer, I need to make sure my app receives and responds to the webhook post request correctly.

Thank you,

Rodney

4 Likes