New: Changing product metafields always triggers the product/update webhook.

Shopify Partner
660 0 104

I am now super confused because updating an order metafield also does not seem to trigger the order update webhook, contrary to what was mentioned above...

This must have been changed, at some point. What is the deal with this consistency story?

1 Like
Shopify Partner
660 0 104

Any response on this?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
6 0 4

Bump on this thread for Clément's questions.

This feature is great, the way it is implemented also is! You only get webhooks if you're subscribed to a specific metafield namespace and if there is changes linked to this namespace. This is a great feature.

However, the fact that it doesn't trigger on a variant metafield update the same way is a shame, because this would be the best way of ensuring we are truly replicating the data in Shopify's DB. :)

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
660 0 104

I'm still waiting for those answers!

I'm curious what you meant by "You only get webhooks if you're subscribed to a specific metafield namespace and if there is changes linked to this namespace."

How do you subscribe to a namespace?

0 Likes
7 0 0

I also noticed that customer update webhooks are not triggered when customer metafields are updated.   

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
22 0 5

This thread is rife with "please respond" without a response from Shopify. It is a high ranking post on Google for the term I searched. Someone address this?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
660 0 104

We're also still very keen to hear about this expected behaviour on this.

0 Likes