Shopify App Bridge

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
176 7 38

It is a Query String parameter problem, suspiciously starting when you released Bridge. I am seeing when you gather ID's to send to Apps, you now have them styled as parameters ids[][]=123456789 which completely trashes all previous App codes. 

Sorry for confusing issues but the timing is too coincidental. And when I read complaints about Query Parameters in EASDK, well, you know... connections are made... so ya... and if you have in fact rolled back ALL aspects of Bridge, the fact is, the transfer of ID's to Apps is still pooched and causing mucho aggressive pain for merchants.

Believe it or not, that's an unrelated issue with unfortunate timing — we're working on it.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
3 0 6

I'm curious if we're able to avoid implementing the changes to the navigation bar from this recent update as they make for what appears like a broken layout, pushing secondary buttons to the left with the single primary button to the right? This is not how Shopify admin pages (and most forms) work, coupling Save/Cancel buttons next to each other on the right. I'm excited for possibility of adding tabs to this new navigation bar, but want to avoid using it until it's available to us.

I'm also disappointed such a visual change like that wasn't documented anywhere; it's an unpleasant surprise.

4 Likes
Shopify Expert
3938 16 328

Second that. In seeing the New Look it is an experiment run amok. Would be nice if Shopify resisted change for change sake, and spent more time working from their perspective combined with testing things from our perspective, all without changing things until we collectively hit a GO button. 

As per the new corporate Shopify, running the show, putting us in our place, it sucks to be part of corporate experiments that are half-baked, not tested, and had little or no input from us, the end users/creators/artists/developers that Shopify now seems to pretend to love. 

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

I hope this will be fixed soon, I talked to developer support over email, but they are bhaving like there is nothing wrong from their side, they says you should check your app code and fix the issue.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
40 0 9

I had the query issue with 2 of my apps last week, after talking with support guru they said it was rolled back 2 days after our talk, and the apps were working again, yesterday i tried to implement the new app bridge library into my test app, but for some reason nothing was working, its like the parent shopify window doesn't receive the post messages.

Any update on this? what is working or what is not?

https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/partners-technical/t/app-bridge-doesn-t-work-548432

P.S 

Can you update the docs if something i not working? not everyone sees those forums posts, and also Shayne post said that and i almost missed that even after readying every post, the Shopify guru doesn't know anything about it (or takes few days untill they get back to you with the answer), so how can we know things like that?

1 Like
Shopify Expert
3938 16 328

A brief test shows Shopify changed everything back to the way it was for ten years or so, in terms of links to Apps and the Query Parameters. To me the problem this issue exposed is clear:

• No one at Shopify sent out a letter saying things are busted
  • When we pointed out things were busted, they denied for the most part
  • When they finally acknowledged things were busted, they still never clarified why, for how long or when a fix would be done
  • they fixed the bug, but again never told anyone, when, nor what happened there

So in the end, a lot of merchants got steamed, lost some time/reputation as did developers. 

Is there some kind of recognition here from Shopify that treating merchants and developers so poorly is something you are trying to improve upon? So far, no happy smiley faces can be clicked.

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
4 Likes
Shopify Partner
40 0 9

BTW, the app bridge library is now partly working, and they have rolled the new style for most of my apps (3 out of 5),

With the new app bridge the TitleBar does work for me but the flash messages doesn't, I guess we have to keep our eyes on shopify new features and check daily to see if our apps are still working as expected and nothing was changed.

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi,

The problem with the pages loading twice still happens with the updated roll out.

Only happens with the links / buttons within the title bar section.

Andrew.

1 Like
Shopify Partner
78 0 18

We're observing the same problem as Andrew.

Bart Coppens | Limoni Apps | Building apps for Shopify since 2016
0 Likes
Shopify Expert
3938 16 328

It is a little unsettling being guinea pigs. Sometimes the canary in the coal mine died ;)

0 Likes