AccessScope API is not versioned

15 0 0

Hi,

It seems like that the `/admin/oauth/access_scopes.json` API endpoint has not been updated to the versioned path.

Can someone please update this endpoint as well so we can complete our migration to using versioned API paths.

Here is the link to the documentation of the endpoint that still shows the endpoint on the old format as well: https://help.shopify.com/en/api/reference/access/accessscope

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
14 3 9

Hi @bardia, the OAuth API is intentionally not versioned at this time (I admit this is somewhat confusing because it also lives under `/admin/`). This is mentioned briefly in the blog post but I will make sure it is called out more explicitly in our documentation as well.

0 Likes
15 0 0
is this a permanent decision or something that will eventually move over to
the versioned format?

its really not ideal when an entire integration is using versioned API and
single endpoint is not.
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
14 3 9

We did not version these endpoints because OAuth is an external specification that we conform to (RFC 6749 if I recall correctly) rather than a Shopify-developed technology, and because as part of the authentication/authorization flow it conceptually lives a layer above the remainder of the API. We don't have any plans to version it at this time, but if it becomes awkward we can definitely revisit that decision.

0 Likes