Is there deadline to move to versioning API?

Solved
Shopify Partner
10 0 1

What is the grace period for switch?

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
6 2 7

Hi @samwise, if you make a request that doesn't specify a version, the API defaults to the oldest supported stable version. This means that you have at least a year, until April, 2020. At that point, the 2019-04 API version will be removed, and unspecified calls will start running against the 2019-07 version, which may include breaking changes.

Keep in mind though, that the current 2019-04 version will not receive any more new features. As new features get added into 2019-07 or future versions, you will have to switch in order to take advantage of them.

1 Like
Shopify Partner
10 0 1

Hi @Evan_Huus , thanks for quick response.  

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
10 0 1

@Evan_Huus  can you please confirm that creating/retrieving webhooks is not versioned too?

Per this: https://www.shopify.com/partners/blog/api-versioning-at-shopify it seems it is versioned. 

Postman 2019-04-10 12-31-57.png

0 Likes

Success.

Community Manager
Community Manager
372 5 36

Hey @samwise,

The webhooks API is versioned. Your url looks wrong, it should be /admin/api/2019-04/webhooks.json.

We have information in our docs about how versioning applies to webhooks here.

Cheers,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
10 0 1

@Busfox  u are the man! Thanks, I missed that ... :(

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1278 7 89

@Evan_Huus 

Theres not going to be an additional response like a header that's a countdown number, correct?

So X-Shopify-API-Deprecated-Reason , like the X-Shopify-Shop-Api-Call-Limit header for call limits, is the thing to watch?

And thus possibly that header is where to pull dates strings from?

Could a sample response get added to docs please.

just in case: if days are ever used in version numbers, or text of X-Shopify-API-Deprecated-Reason,  please stick to the YYYY-MM-DD format used elsewhere

Busy? Confused? Hire me to do it for you paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com . Theme Customization,Modification,Repair, CSS,javascript,html. App dev. Consultant, Discovery Services http://www.krop.com/paulnewton/ . Want to buy me a coffee paypal.me/paulnewton
0 Likes