X-Shopify-API-Version Header Missing

Solved
2 0 0

I'm trying to develop some client library code that scans an endpoint. Since the dev using the client I'm writing could set their API version I wanted to add some backwards compatibility to switch between page= and since_id= pagination methods if versions were older. Was hoping to use X-Shopify-API-Version and I'm not even getting it as a response. Is there something I'm doing wrong to get this header? I'm just testing it in Chrome and perhaps a browser UA does not send this response? I expect I could call /admin/products.json and get the latest stable "2020-01" and /admin/api/2019-10/products.json would return "2019-10" but reality I'm seeing no x-header at all. Any pro-tips to get this header or perhaps the feature is just broken?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Partner
1384 162 251

Yup, something has to do with your browser. I can get the header for both your scenarios when trying through Postman or our backend.

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Great, thanks for the the information. I should have just written the code then and figured that out, didn't think the UA would change the headers. Cheers.

0 Likes