1099-K Questions

Highlighted
2 0 0

As I understand the 1099-K form includes Gross Sales before 1) Discounts 2) Refunds 3) Fees and anything else not gross sales.

I can generate a report that gives my Total Revenue, Discounts, Refunds for my shop, but doesn't distinguish by payment method.

Issue is part of my sales are Paypal, Amazon and Apple Pay   I also get a 1099-K from Paypal  for Shopify sales. Therefore I know what my Gross Sales from my Shopify Payments shop  are  but I do not know this for Paypal, because all they see is whatever goes to them in sales after discounts.  Any ideas how I can extract the Discounts information from Paypal?   I would rather not upgrade to the $299 plan just for that report.  The ROI just isn't there based on my sales.   Any advice appreciated :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
660 0 119

Have you checked the Payments report?

https://shopify.com/admin/finances/payments

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
660 0 119

Actually thinking about it a bit more, you will see the refunds on that report but you won't see the discounts since discounts are not paid for (by definition)...

Even if you upgrade to the $299 plan, I'm not sure how you'd be able to get that information.

1 tricky part is that discounts are applied to orders, not transactions. And it is the transactions that are attached to a payment gateway like Paypal.

If you're willing to use an app for this, I'm thinking I could add a report that shows you what you need on my reporting app https://apps.shopify.com/betterreports

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1 0 0

Interesting! Do you have a lot of flexibility with adding new reports to that app?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
660 0 119

Hi Chelsea,

Yes it is very flexible and it even includes a report designer to build your own reports. Or I can build them for you...

You can try the app for free for 14 days if you would like to check it out...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
660 0 119

Quick update, Better Reports now expose the sale's payment gateway, which makes it easy to see gross sales, refunds, discounts, shipping and taxes per gateway.

It makes it easy to see the total per gateway or the total for all gateways except Paypal (for example)

0 Likes