1099 Missing

1953designs
1 0 0

Hi! I'm trying to get my 1099. My shop had over 20K in sales and well over 200 transactions. Can someone assist me with this? 

Thanks! 

0 Likes
Oliver
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
361 38 67

Hi, @1953designs !

I'd be happy to help here.

Only the account owner of a store can access 1099K forms, staff members will not be able to access the necessary area on the admin so let's first make sure we're signed into the proper account. If a store has qualified for a 1099-K form for a tax year - the account owner will receive an email around January 31st the following year, letting them know it's ready for download. So let's check to see if we've received an email to the address you have listed for the account owner.

Keep in mind The standard (federal) qualifying rule is - the merchant must process over $20,000 AND over 200 gross transactions through Shopify Payments specifically in a given tax year. If the sales are broken up between multiple payment gateways, the threshold is not considered met. These thresholds are set by the IRS. If after reviewing this, you've determined that you qualify and you still have not received your 1099, feel free to get in touch with our Support team directly. They'll be able to review this with you and escalate it up to our Tax and Payments team if necessary.

Warm regards!

Oliver | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes