1099 missing

Highlighted
Excursionist
90 0 4

I have multiple shopify stores, usually I go into payouts > documents and I can download my 1099s. However, one of my store has no "documents" link. I confirm that we did > 20k and > 200 transactions.

What am I missing? I can't contact Shopify support anymore (they auto-responded asking for me to post in the community) 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
242 28 38

Hi, @Jackson_Cunnin2 !

Thanks for reaching out to us here. If the business qualifies for a form, you will see this by logging in as the account owner and clicking the Documents link at the top left corner of your Shopify Payments payout page (admin/payments). This can only be accessed from the account owner login since it contains sensitive information. If you still can't find it there, it is likely the business doesn't qualify for a 1099-K. For the 1099-K, we only factor in gross sales made through Shopify Payments. So, combining Shopify Payments and another gateway(PayPal) or payment method might put the shop over $20,000 and 200 transactions, but we don't factor that in. As per IRS guidelines, the 1099-K form factors in gross sales (fees, adjustments, and refunds are not deducted).

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Oliver | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
90 0 4

Thanks @Oliver . I just confirmed that we have well over 20k (net) generated from Shopify payments, I'm the owner of the store, and there's still no option to view the files. Can you take a look into our specific account? https://masquerademasks.myshopify.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
242 28 38

Thanks for reaching back out about this @Jackson_Cunnin2!

I'd be happy to take a closer look into this for you. I've sent an email to the address associated with your community account. Please respond to me there so we can get you authenticated and dig into this together. 

All the best!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi @Oliver   I am having the same issue for my store.  I meet the threshhold of the order #s as well as the $dollar amount, and did not receive a 2019 1099-K.  I have scoured the support boards and looked every place mentioned when I'm logged into my admin account.  Can you please have someone reach out and send me the form or make it available on the back end of my shopify portal?

Thank you in advance! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
242 28 38

Hi, @bullsheathboss !

Thanks for reaching out with this, I'd be happy to take a look into this with you. I'll be sending an email to the email address you have on file with your Shopify Community account. From there, we'll be able to get you authenticated and can look into this with our Payments team.

All the best!

0 Likes