1099's

2 0 0

When will 1099's be available and where are they located?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
55 4 8

Hi, Vincent!

Emma here from Shopify. Thanks for reaching out.

2018 - 1099-K forms will be uploaded to qualifying accounts by the end of January, 2019.

A qualifying account would be any store that processes more than $20,000 on the Shopify Payments gateway, and has more than 200 transactions in a calendar year. If this applies to you, the 1099-K form will be generated by Shopify and provided to both the account owner and the IRS on an annual basis. You will be able to locate the form in the Documents link at the top left of your Shopify Payments payouts page. You can see a screenshot of how this looks below:

_2019-01-22_12-40-41

If by the end of January, 2019, you do not see this documents tab in your payouts, it is likely that you don't qualify for a 1099-K from Shopify. With that being said, we would be more than happy to look into it for you if you feel that there may be a discrepancy with the reports.  Our support team are available 24/7, 365 days a year and can be reached by live chat, phone, or email by clicking here!

Wishing you much continued success in your business. 

Emma | Shopify Support

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Emma,

Would just like to verify that a 1099 is generated if both are met... over 20k and over 200 transactions in a calendar year? If I made less than 20k but had over 200 transactions I need not worry about a 1099 for this calendar year correct?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
55 4 8

Yes, that's correct. Both conditions would need to be met in order for a 1099 form to be generated. Let us know if you have any other questions! 

Cheers,
Emma | Shopify Support 

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi Emma,

Today is the 31st and I still am not seeing the 1099s. I ran a report on shopify and my payouts are definetly above the 20k threshold.  Have they been posted? should I contact someone?

Thank you!

Vince

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
55 4 8

Hi, Vincent! 

If you have more than $20K in gross sales that were processed on Shopify Payments (other gateways such as PayPal would not be included in this number) as well as more than 200 transactions between January 1, 2018 - December 31, 2018, you should now see the 1099-K in your documents.

If you believe that you meet the requirements but have not been provided with the 1099-K, I'd be more than happy to look into it further for you! I'll just need you to send an email to support@shopify.com from the email address that you use to login to your Shopify account. When you do, you should receive an automated email back with a ticket number assigned.  If you respond here and let me know what that ticket number is, I'll get to the bottom of this for you! 

Cheers, 
Emma | Shopify Support 

0 Likes