Hi Tita Horvat ! My petition is also for other countries facing the same problems, so I suggest you to sign the petition, by specifying that it is also important for users of your country! Think about sharing the petition because as we say "unity is power".
OK, so I've been thinking about this in the afternoon and got an idea. Here is what I did:
1. I created collections with items - one collection was for the items that have the lower tax rate in Slovenia (9.5%) and the other collection was for the regular tax rate (22%).
2. In the ''Products'' section I made sure that I added the products to the correct collection (products that need 9.5% VAT were put in one collection, and the others in the other).
3. Went to Settings -> Shipping -> Added countries - > Added shipping rate
4. Went to Settings -> Taxes -> chose a country -> added a tax rate (let's say 9.5%)
5. Then I clicked on ''Add tax override'' -> chose a collection that has the 22% tax rate -> put ''22%'' into the box on the right.
The taxes that were charged were from the price of the item in the shop, not from the shipping.
Then I did a check - I selected an item in my shop, put in the cart, and then proceded with the payment (I have paypal), and after clicking Confirm when my shipping address was shown, I saw the items that I bought and the amount that was added to the price (which was VAT).
What you also need to do is: put the price without the VAT in the Shop section of your website, and make sure that you do not have a tick next to ''Taxes are included in my prices''.
I hope this helps!
That could help to set up different VAT rates between products but that can't resolve the problem of having two VAT between regions (same country), for example :
My company is based in Corsica and VAT rates are very different compared to other regions of France, for example, when I sold culinary products and the delivery takes place in Corsica VAT rate is 2.1% against 5.5 % if the delivery takes place in other regions or when I sold wine, the VAT is 0% if delivery Corsica against 20% in others regions.
And shopify don't allow to specify the tax override for different regions of france, UK ... As it's possible in Spain or USA !!
Tita, many thanks for such a creative solution. Excellent way of looking at it from a different angle.
In the meantime I'd like to support Gilles petition and if we can get as many people as possible to respond to this the better for our case. Also, today I received a Customer Survey from Shopify and if anyone out there has received one too, I encourage you to respond to that and put our case forward.
If someone ever reads this old unanswered post, you can find the solution on this more recent post: https://community.shopify.com/c/Accounting-Taxes/Different-VAT-rates-for-some-products/m-p/591193/hi...