2 stores, one POS

2 0 0

I have a grocery store and share a space with a deli. Currently we use Intuit POS, and we have each of our products in various categories (e.g. Deli or Grocery). At the end of the day, we run a report based on categories and use that to track who made what and rectify for our individual businesses. This allows a customer to shop at both businesses and get a single transaction when checking out.

How would we set up Shopify to do this? Does it have reports that we can run at the end of the day/week/quarter/year to give us this information?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
114 0 16

Hello! 

Dave here from  the Guru Team :) 

So reports are certainly an option! Basically when creating the different products you would be able to set the product Vendor to either Deli or Grocery. If on the Shopify Plan you get access to an abundance of different reports. One of these that's inbuilt is 'Sales by product Vendor'. This can then be filtered by date to show daily, monthly, quarterly sales etc. 

I hope this helps!

All the Best, 
Dave | Shopify 

0 Likes
2 0 0

If I do it by Vendor, do I lose the ability to put my actual vendors in that data field then?
You say that is one option, are there other options?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
9 0 0

If you are using Shopify for your point of sale, you would run a report by item.  I am assuming that the two stores don't sell the same items.  If you are using QuickBooks Online with the app, the item sales would transfer to QuickBooks.

Let me know if this helps.  I'm sure we could work througha solution.

Do you use QuickBooks Online or desktop?

Jimmy Ledoux jledoux@gmail.com
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
660 0 103

Seems like you could use the POS location name field and product type field

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 1

Epos Systems is nice 

http://www.wowpos.co.uk/
0 Likes
60 0 0