A few weaknesses with Shopify

Highlighted
Excursionist
24 0 6

Has anyone come up with a report or alternative way to reconcile the daily sales to the amount ultimately received from Shopify? Our auditor is concerned that the two numbers never match and there is no way to get from one to the other. We have no idea whether we are collecting all of the funds or if we may be shipping orders to someone who never actually paid us.

How do you calculate your sales tax? Do you back into your gross sales based on the tax collected? There is no report that our state sales tax agency would accept to show the amount of sales in our state vs. out of state.

She has spent a good amount of time with Cust Service but hasn't really received a satisfactory answer.

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Steve, What accounting software are you using? You should be able to split and match received payments to specific transactions. I would recommend doing this at a transaction level rather than total daily sales.

As for sales tax, simply export your sales to excel. You can sum total sales tax collected, and it will also show the state where the customer is located. This should match your sales tax liability account in your accounting software.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
24 0 6

Quickbooks. 

The amount of work it would take to match every single sale with every payment would be agonizing! 

The sales tax we can find a work around for, but it seems like a simple report for them to have available. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
28 0 0

Hi Steve , please let me know if you found any soloution , if not , I can help you with this kind of report (No charge) please contact me via Ron@predictivestore.com

Best Ron@predictivestore.com
0 Likes