Advice needed: What Spreadsheets do you use to manage/track your business? + Wave any good?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
26 0 1

Hi All,

I'm pretty new to the e-commerce game and need some advice.

Our store has been up and running for a month now and we have seen a good number of Sales so far. We have the basic Shopify plan so don't have access to the fancy reports, so I'm wondering.. what are let's say 5 Google Spreadsheet Templates that a small business should use? Inventory management etc.

For accounting we're using Wave, which we're happy with so far as it's free, but we would be open to something else.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Regards,
William

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
500 1 56

Hi William,

My name is Anne, on the Guru team. Thanks so much for getting in touch with us on the forums!

I am sure you'll see more answers from other merchants who use Shopify, I just wanted to let you know my favourite report that I think gives so much data, and is available on all plans!

I hope this helps :)

Warm regards,

Anne

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
26 0 1

Hi Anne,

Thank you very much for your response

Your answer is more focused on features/apps however I'm seeking advise on what should be documented by a typical onine business via spreadsheet/online tool.

Inventory management, customer data, P&L? Any more?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
500 1 56

Hi William,

You are welcome and correct, generally our links are to apps and things like that which you can integrate into your store :)

I wonder if you'd like to check out this Free Online Accounting software from an Irish Company based in Dublin? It may be exacly what you are looking for- http://www.bullethq.com/

I hope this helps, thanks William!

Warm regards,

Anne :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
175 0 34

Hi William,

I am sure, you will find this as a good resource. I have discussed what should be recorded for an online store. http://blog.pipemonk.com/ecommerce-accounting-best-practices/

Do let me know if this helped!

Tejaswi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
500 1 56

Amazing Tejaswi- I noticed this one you wrote too, its fab- http://blog.pipemonk.com/accounting-reports-ecommerce/

Thanks so much for sharing!

Anne :)

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
26 0 1

Thanks a lot both, both links is EXACTLY what I was looking for :-) 

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
175 0 34

Thanks Anne and William, glad to be of help. :)

I am happy to tell you that I have come up with this comprehensive ebook for online entrepreneurs who want to understand and own up the accounting aspect of their business. The Essential Step-by-Step Guide to E-Commerce Accounting. It talks about the why, what, how and where of accounting for an online store. In short, all a store owner needs to know about accounting. 

I hope you find this resource useful as well! :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
500 1 56

Hi Tesjaswi,

Thanks so much for sharing, that is amazing! I for one am very excited to read it and share it as well!

Have a wonderful day :)

Anne

0 Likes