Hello. This is for all the Indian stores here. Just wanted to check if anyone has an idea about how the invoicing through Shopify will change from July 1st?
Do we have a facility in shopify to show the split between CGST and SGST/ IGST? How can this be done?
Or is needed to be done for a B2C transaction?
P.S dont mind the silly questions. completely ignorant about tax questions.
We encourage you to talk to your tax consultant to make sure your business is registered and compliant with the GST.
We have put up a guide at https://help.shopify.com/manual/taxes/india-gst To summarise, existing merchants should follow the following steps:
Yeah that would take care of this issue. My suggestion to SHopify is:
1. Please allow the default federal name to be CGST
2. Sellers can set default CGST Tax rate @9%
3. For all interstate orders, sellers can override the default CGST with IGST@18%
4. For intrastate, sellers add SGST @9% to the default CGST@9% ( this will allow sellers to diplay the 2 separate taxes clearly as required by Govt.)
5. For Union Territories sellers can add UTGST @9% to the default CGST@9% ( this will allow sellers to diplay the 2 separate taxes clearly as required by Govt.)
It's really a very small change that Shopify need to make - either set the default name to CGST OR allow sellers to make change to the default Tax name.
|9 hours ago|
|02-22-2019 02:25 AM|
|02-21-2019 09:17 AM|
|02-20-2019 10:15 AM|
|02-20-2019 10:00 AM|