Affect of GST in India on invoicing

Tourist
12 0 2

Hello. This is for all the Indian stores here. Just wanted to check if anyone has an idea about how the invoicing through Shopify will change from July 1st?

Do we have a facility in shopify to show the split between CGST and SGST/ IGST? How can this be done?

Or is needed to be done for a B2C transaction? 

P.S dont mind the silly questions. completely ignorant about tax questions.

Thanks.

Purayati.com

1 Like
Tourist
14 0 2

Hi,

I also have same issue regarding GST Please post solutions.

0 Likes
Tourist
14 0 2

Hi Tejasvi,

I got solution for GST .

2 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
4 0 1

Hi Hemant, 

Could you share how you are handling the transition to GST for other merchants?

Product Manager, India
0 Likes
2 0 1

Hi Hemant

Could you please let us know how are you handling it? It would be really helpful.

Thanks,

0 Likes
1 0 0

can u share the solution

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hi, Did anybody else figure out??

We do have options of figuring out taxation by state, so we can always write IGST for all states other than your own state. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
4 0 1

Hi everyone,

We encourage you to talk to your tax consultant to make sure your business is registered and compliant with the GST.

We have put up a guide at https://help.shopify.com/manual/taxes/india-gst To summarise, existing merchants should follow the following steps:

• Find out what tax rates apply to your products
  • For each applicable tax bucket, create a hidden collection and assign your products to it.  
  • Change tax label from VAT to GST
  • Override taxes for each collection if applicable
  • Talk to your shipping/invoicing app partner or a Shopify expert to generate GST compliant tax invoices 

Product Manager, India
0 Likes
1 0 2

Hello Rohit,

I changed the label from VAT to GST but now I want to change it to CGST. However, I am not able to locate the field anywhere.

Can you please mention exact location where I can change federal tax label from GST to CGST?

Thanks.

2 Likes
2 0 1

Yeah that would take care of this issue. My suggestion to SHopify is:

1. Please allow the default federal name to be CGST 

2. Sellers can set default CGST Tax rate @9%

3. For all interstate orders, sellers can override the default CGST with IGST@18%

4. For intrastate, sellers add SGST @9% to the default CGST@9% ( this will allow sellers to diplay the 2 separate taxes clearly as required by Govt.)

5. For Union Territories sellers can add UTGST @9% to the default CGST@9% ( this will allow sellers to diplay the 2 separate taxes clearly as required by Govt.)

It's really a very small change that Shopify need to make - either set the default name to CGST OR allow sellers to make change to the default Tax name.

1 Like