Hi,

Have a look at the Sufio app and see if it works for you:
http://sufio.com/shopify/invoice/india

Thanks,

Karan

0 Likes
Tourist
12 0 2

Sufio was an option I considered but it didn't look like they had a ready update and as I needed it urgently I went with following

Get a QuickBooks.in account. Costs 5k Indian rupees for an annual plan though they were giving some offer last week. Next install onesaas app on Shopify. This costs 29 USD per month for 300 transactions. 49 us for next plan. Using onesaas you sync your products and order to QuickBooks and then use quickbooks' gst updated invoice feature to get your invoice. 

It's added cost but I couldn't see any other option till Shopify provides an update to it's store or the order printer app. 

0 Likes
10 0 0

Please guide us on the same, i.e. invoicing and charging IGST, CGST & SGST.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
51 0 24

Hi everyone,

We have put together a short GST guide for Shopify stores in India, it should help to correctly set up taxes in your Shopify store.

Once all the tax settings are correctly configured, our invoicing app Sufio can help you to issue correct invoices compliant with the new Indian GST legislation.

Hope this helps!
Katy, Sufio

Sufio - Automatic invoices for Shopify stores.
2 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Hemant, 

Could you guide how to handling the GST for invoicing and charging????

0 Likes
Tourist
14 0 2

Hi,

I want to ask how we can charge GST on shipping in india.

Actually in our business we have all 4 taxes 5%,12%,18% and 28% .

according to rules on all products we have to charge shipping according to there GST (individual GST of product ). So can anyone solve this problem.

I am using order printer for print invoices. so can we do by liquid. Because there is not any option regarding this in shopify.

In shopify only one tax can apply on Shipping.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
4 0 1

Hi Everyone, 

I want to share a few updates here:

1. For new shops, we are now setting country tax label as CGST @9% and then SGST @9% added to federal tax for Karnataka. For all other states, we set tax as IGST @18% which replaces federal tax. You can replace the configuration done for Karnataka by your own shipping state. If you have products that fall under multiple tax slabs, you can create a hidden collection and use the above method to set tax overrides. By doing this, all your taxes will be correctly available at a line item level. Existing shops can also use this setup. However, you would need to change your tax label from VAT/GST to CGST in liquid. 

2. We have also made the HS tariff code field on product page available to all merchants. It was earlier restricted only to US merchants who use Shopify Shipping. This field does expect you to use a minimum 6 character HS code. We would encourage you to use this as you would need to set this if you are doing international shipments. 

3. We have worked with Sufio to make sure that you have an invoicing solution which you can use if you are unable to customise order printer on your own. You can find more details about it at: https://sufio.com/articles/shopify/taxes/gst-india-shopify/

We continue to work on further changes which can reduce the configuration required for taxes on merchants' end. 

Best,
Rohit 

Product Manager, India
1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
4 0 1

Hi Hemant, 

We do only support one tax rate for shipping. It will typically pick up from your default country rate, but you can override it only once, unlike products which can have multiple overrides via collections. 

Does your logistics carrier charge you different GST rates for different category of products?

Rohit

Product Manager, India
0 Likes
Tourist
14 0 2

Hi,

Recently i am not using online store for my business. I am creating order for my off line store.

In which we are shipping by own.and according to GST rule we have to apply taxes on shipping according to to basis of product i can send you sample for that.

Basically i am using order printer for print my invoices and i create liquid in which shipping rate and GST are showing for individual product.

But it could't add in total tax and total price.

0 Likes
Tourist
14 0 2

Basically i have made what i want the only thing is that i want to add this shippping add in 2nd table which will show total 9%,or 14% or so on add which is charge in bill.

So, any onew please help me with liquid.

0 Likes