All taxes are included in my prices option not in Taxes settings

Solved
davidhayes
Tourist
4 0 2

When I test my store, I see messages about taxes and shipping being included at checkout, both on the product page and the cart page, but my product prices already include taxes and shipping. I've seen topics on this forum to enable the "All taxes are included in my prices" option in Settings>Taxes, but this option is nowhere to be found.

Was this option removed? This doesn't make any sense. Please help me. I want to include taxes in my product prices.

0 Likes
Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1785 193 556

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @davidhayes 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

That is a really great question. You will need to go to Settings > Taxes and then make sure that "Show all prices with tax included" just like in this clip. You will then need to update the language in your theme to reflect this. By default, all themes say that the taxes are calculated upon checkout. You will need to go to Online Store > Current Theme > Actions > Edit Language. Once in the language settings, you can search for "taxes calculated" to pull up the relevant part of the theme's language that you need to edit as per this video. Once this is done you can enter in whatever message you please such as "Free Shipping, taxes included in price." 

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Retired Staff Member

davidhayes
Tourist
4 0 2

@Bo Oh it seems like the option's wording was changed.

Thank you so much! Your answer was exactly what I needed.

ALLEN1401
1 0 0

Once I select the box: Show prices with tax included, and edit the language, should I also edit and remove collecting tax box if I've been collecting tax in the past ? 

0 Likes
jessnava
Tourist
5 0 1

I have an online store and I'm not sure I am setting up my tax setting properly. I had an out of state order but it's not collecting taxes.  Help.

0 Likes
Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1785 193 556

Hey there, @jessnava 

The most important considerations are where you're obliged to register to collect tax, and where they ship from and ship to. To learn more about tax registrations, refer to Nexus, and for more information on how your shipping affects your tax rates, refer to Tax sourcing

Did you have your site set up to collect tax for this state specifically? Are you required to collect tax there? This guide is for merchants who sell in the United States. It's your responsibility to consult with local tax authorities or a tax professional to verify that you charge your customers the correct tax rates, and to ensure you file and remit your taxes correctly.

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Retired Staff Member

0 Likes