Automatic tax is not working

Highlighted
7 0 0

I have checked "calculate tax automatically" and left "All taxes are included in my prices" unchecked. But Shopify is still not charing tax for my orders. Is it because all my orders are out of state? Thanks. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
484 12 33

Hey, PigmentGuy. 

This is Max from the Shopify Team.

For some more information on how charging taxes works within Shopify, I'd suggest checking out this doc for some more clarification.

Next, I'd check with a local tax expert or government authority about the amount of tax you should be collecting and from where. This can vary depending on where you are located and the product(s) that you sell. Many of the automations would not be charging taxes for customers out of state as a rule, but it really depends on your location vs. theirs!

Then, if you do need to make some exceptions for where taxes are charged, you can use this info to set up tax overrides and exemptions where necessary!

Have a look and let us know if you need any more information on certain examples or orders or regions where the rules you have in place are not reflecting the correct tax info! that, we can definitely dig into from a technical troubleshooting perspective.

Cheers, 

Max
support@shopify.com

Max | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes