Billing Cycles for Customer Accounts

2 0 0

Hi Guys, I'm trying to build a shop in which a few select clients can place multible orders per day (catering industry).

I'm looking for a way in which these clients can create an account and be billled on a specific cycle rather for each individual order. 

For example, once a client has ordered £1000 worth of products they get billed automatically. Or the client gets automtically billed every two weeks for all orders placed within that time.

I want to find a way around having to manually add up different invoices and combine them into a new invoice etc. Want this to be as automated as much as possible. 

I've already found the solution to a few other problems like maximum deliverys per day etc. through the Shopify app Local Delivery in case this helps anyone: https://apps.shopify.com/local-delivery-1

Thanks for your help and guidance! 

Felix

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
71 0 10

Hi Felix,

Jennifer here from the Shopify support team!

We have a few apps that will meet your needs. Recurring Billing by ReCharge which offers the ability to bill on a specific day of the week or day of the month. it's $19.99 a month and has a free 30 day trial. There is also Paywhirl Recurring Payments, Billing and Subscriptions which has trial periods (delay billing by x number of days) which may work as a good way to delay payments for a set period of time. It has a cost range of $0-$249 a month depending on your plan and a 14 day free trial.

I hope that one of these apps helps to solve your payment issue :)

Cheers!

Recurring Billing by ReCharge: https://apps.shopify.com/shopify-recurring-payments

Paywhirl Recurring Payments, Billing and Subscriptions: https://apps.shopify.com/paywhirl-recurring-payments

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Jennifer, thanks for your answer. 

I've seen those apps and similar ones before but they don't quite fit what we need. 

We don't have a subscription model. Even though customer order for us daily, it's always in different quantities. Example: sometimes it's catering for 18 people sometimes for 50 people, sometimes with fruit platters, sometimes without etc. 

We'd like our customers to be charged in cycles as described above. 

Do you know of any accounting / billing app that can handle this? 

Thanks,

Felix

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
633 16 200

Hi Felix!

Liam here from Shopify - thank you for your question :)

I have searched through our apps and it does not appear that this kind of cyclical, yet dynamic charging method is not currently supported by any apps. Since the amount charged to customers would be fluctuating and not a standard rate, the recurring billing apps would not achieve the effect you are looking for. What I would recommend is that you reach out to one of our Shopify Experts who would be able to build a custom app which would allow for grouped charges, combining a combination of orders which would be charged to a customer at a specific interval. Our Experts should be able to build this functionality into your store :)

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions, just let me know!

Cheers,
Liam

Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

Liam Griffin
Shopify | Developer Community Manager
0 Likes