Calculating profits?

YM_Z
Tourist
12 0 1

So business starts picking up and I have to determine profits on my products and how much I am paying my distributor. How owuld I manage to figure this out? At the first of the month I supposed to pay the balance due to my supplier for products sold, this is a unique type of deal that one typically wouldn't have.

My current method I would print out all of that months goods sold and have to calculate cost of goods with how much I have grossed that month and subtract CoGs with Revenue to get profit. As business picks up these lists get long, any tips on how I can make this task simplified?

0 Likes
Sam_R_
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
37 0 6

Hey there!

Sam with the Shopify team to assist with this!

It actually sounds like the Profiteer App would be very helpful for you in this case. It allows you to track the total cost of your inventory, generate profit per vendor, profit for a period of time in the past, and other reports as well.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
evenpixel
10 0 0

Hi,

We've made a tool for price optimisation based on data, and it can be used for profit analysis and reports as well. You'd just need to upload cost of goods for products once.

App store page: https://apps.shopify.com/priceoptimizer

Hope it helps.

0 Likes
The_Prosperous_
Shopify Partner
170 0 10

Hi All,

We're launching our beta app this autumn and we offer powerful and easy to use profit and inventory reporting, as well as purchase order and markdown suggestions.

our Beta is open to all - just click our logo (above) and sign up.

We exist to support your business growth.

Kind regards,

Karen

0 Likes
tacktilesystem
1 0 0

hii if  want to make invoice of your business try this apps it is free and easy invoice creater simple invoice manager availble in both itune and play store

0 Likes
The_Prosperous_
Shopify Partner
170 0 10

Hi All,

I'm happy to confirm that our app is finally live and in the app store under the inventory category.

We offer cost price upload in bulk or via our super helpful RAPID method, profit reporting through our easy to use, yet powerful dashboard, inventory visability across locations, purchase orders, price markdowns.

Feel free to take us for a test drive - we offer a 14 day free trial

Kind regards,

Karen and the team

The Prosperous Shop

0 Likes