California Sellers permit questions

l_line
Excursionist
21 0 14

I am currently trying to get a California sellers permit for my dropshipping bussiness, I am going to be using Aliexpress to purchase most of my products until I know which ones are selling well enough for me to purchase them in bulk. That being said I am having an issue filling out the form for the sellers permit as I do not really have any major suppliers, If anyone has any suggestions on what I should I would be extremely grateful as this has become somewhat frustrating staring at the form and not being able to answer.

Thanks in advance!

-Chris

Replies 16 (16)

HAMDALLAH_AlZub
35 0 0

Hello Chris, 

Just to make it clear, you need help in getting your California sellers permit? Or you are asking if you need one in the first place? 

l_line
Excursionist
21 0 14

I need help getting the permit, I have all the other info, I just am stumped on the supplier information since I am going to be ordering from various sellers on Aliexpress and not a true supplier, if that makes sense haha

Siravi_Kitchen
Tourist
66 0 2

Even i am also facing the same problem.

Siravi Stainless Steel Kitchen

sophia_koo
Visitor
2 0 4

Ditto. I'm going to call the County tomorrow to see if there is a workaround, but if you find the answer, please post here! 

sophia_koo
Visitor
2 0 4

Hi all, 

I got the answer to the reseller permit from the County. You need to get put any supplier in the field for the application. It's to verify that this is a legitimate business but you don't need a committment from them yet. The difficulty is trying to find which supplier to list on the application with contact info. Does anyone have any suggestions on where we can find contact info on Oberlo, AliExpress or other?

Hope that helps!

l_line
Excursionist
21 0 14

Okay, so after two seperate calls to the State gov. I got my answer, the first call the gentlemen told me to use any supplier I am buying from Aliexpress, however getting the proper information is difficult so I decided to jump onto Alibaba to find a future supplier of one my products when I decide to purchase in bulk, the problem was I could only get a phone number that had 13 digits, the permit needs 10 and wont accept any more or less, so we called again. We were helped by another person who said we could use literally any company that wer use to buy any material for our bussiness. So this includes Office Depot for paper or ink or anything really. You can literally use any supplier you use for any aspect of your bussiness for the form. 

MysticMoonshine
Tourist
9 0 3

help! I'm stuck on the same thing. I'm solely dropshipping so I'm not buying supplies from office max or anything and I simply cannot find phone numbers for sellers on alliexpress! so frustrating! It only has a chat function. I did find one for alliexpress itself but, like the OP mentioned, it's more than the allotted amount of numbers on the application. Please help! I'm at a loss 😞 do i just put something like office max anyway just so I can move on with the application?

Cherizzle
Excursionist
24 0 5

Same here... Seem silly. Any updates? 

wroebot
Visitor
3 0 0

Iam having the same issue, i am applying for a California Sellers License so i can dropship from ali express or Alibaba however in the application it asks for the suppliers Phone number and address, anyone know what to put here as most suppliers on those sites dont have their phone numbers posted.

MysticMoonshine
Tourist
9 0 3
I just put an office max near me for office supplies. The alliexpress
sellers don’t display the information needed on this form and at the time I
was applying for my permit I didn’t know who would be consistent sellers
for me. Putting a local business supply store worked fine for me and I got
my sellers permit no problem
wroebot
Visitor
3 0 0

ok thank you for your help, i actually sent a chat message to the supplier that im interested in doing business with them and if they could send me the information.

MysticMoonshine
Tourist
9 0 3
I hope that works!! The one number I was able to get from a seller was too
long for the application

SunnyGCo
Visitor
2 0 4

I put myself as the supplier. It worked for me. Good luck!

BlitzGlitz
Visitor
1 0 0

I found info on this drop shipper and their site looks quite friendly, I may switch drop shippers! Anyhow, for anyone that needs it, this is what I found!

https://greendropship.com/contact-us/

HikingHappiness
Visitor
1 0 0

Check this page: https://help.printify.com/hc/en-us/articles/4483616795281-What-is-a-resale-certificate-and-how-can-I...

Finally, I found this:

• For transactions between Printify and your company, Printify is the Seller and your company is the Purchaser;
    Issued to Seller: Printify, Inc.
    Seller address: 108 West 13th Street,
    Wilmington, Delaware 19801

I Don't see a phone number, however.

TribocaArts
Shopify Partner
18 0 6

Shopify itself is a valid supplier, as we pay for our plans, and for apps. I entered Shopify's customer service phone number, and their Canada headquarters address. 888-746-7439; 151 O'Connor Street, Ground floor, Ottawa, ON, K2P 2L8. I was issued the sellers permit no problem.