Change account OWNER email.

Shopify Partner
8 0 0

We recently bought this company and we have the login and everything is fine. We've changed all of the login info and emails but when you clcik on the top right of the screen on your Shopify account, and then click "your profile" it takes me to my profile. Everything has changed except the email, it is still the old owners email. There is no link beside it saying "change email address." What the heck do I do now??? I've been searching for DAYS.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
63 0 9

Hey Michelle,

Trevor the Guru here!

When you get to the "Change Email" email option you should be able to click on it to alter what's appearing. This should open a text box that allows you to update the email for the account owner. 

If you're having issues with getting this changed over, you can reach out to our support to create an escalation to our Account Integrity team so get this switched up for you!

All the best, 

Trevor M

Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
8 0 0

This isn't helping. There is no where to talk to someone at Shopify? I'm quite tired of being on the computer reading and reading and reading and nothing helps. I need someone to just do this for me. I am quite experienced with this sort of thing and I cannot find ANY way to change the account owner email.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
63 0 9

Hey Michelle, 

It definitely seems strange that you're unable to get it swapped over. If you wanted to give us a call at 1 (888) 746-7439 we have a 24/7 team that can help with getting this fixed up for you. We do have a small wait time right now, however, it shouldn't take long to connect with on our Gurus. 

All the best, 

Trevor M

Shopify Guru

0 Likes
1 0 0

I have the same problem, I don't find the way to change the owner's email. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
732 40 111

Hey Angela! 

Normally when the option to change the account owner is not present it means that your store would have the "Exchange" app installed. Removing the app should return this feature and allow you to change the account owner. 

If that's not the issue then feel free to let me know and I'd be happy to help with further troubleshooting!

All the best, 

Peter
Shopify Support

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes