Colombia Differencial Tax values

Highlighted
Excursionist
29 0 5

Hi! I appreciate to know if Shopify would include the option for countries where we have a differencial in taxes by product.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
235 0 24

Hey Juan!

I'm Daryoush - one of the wonderful Shopify Gurus! :)

I would love to help you with this and provide guidance, I am just having a bit of trouble understanding the question you asked. In Shopify, you can definitely have taxes for each country, as long as you are also shipping to these countries. For Colombia, you can use the default 15% country tax or you can change it to any other amount (screenshot). This tax rate is for all orders, rather than on a product by product basis. You can further customize this by setting up what is called "Tax overrides" if you want to have a specific collection of products to be charged a certain tax amount, called "tax-modified products". We have this awesome Shopify Doc with additional information about setting up tax overrides. This Shopify Doc also explains online tax rates in general on a Shopify online store. If your question is referring to something other than this information, please let me know!

I hope this helps! Please feel free to give us a call or start a live chat at any time, we are open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to help! Have a lovely weekend, Juan!

Cheers,
Daryoush

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hola Juan Carlos,

Quisiera saber si pudo solucionar el tema de impuestos. En mi tienda configuré aquellos que están exentos de impuestos pero cuando la gente pasa a la pantalla de pago con PayU, éste discrimina el IVA y es un error porque los libros, por ejemplo, no tienen IVA. ¿De casualidad tiene el mismo problema?

0 Likes