Customize order confirmation - Show and calculate tax

Tourist
10 0 1

Hi,

Due to the laws here in Denmark, the order confirmation/receipt my costumers receive when buying a product from my store needs to contain the VAT rate, and how much this would be of the total price.

Example:

--------------------------------------------------------

RayBan sunglasses x1 -  100 kr.

here of 25% VAT - 25 kr

---------------------------------------------------------

Shipping - 60 kr

-------------------------

-------------------------

Total= 160 kr

I'm no coding guru, so I'm looking for the easiest way to do this.

Any help will be appreciated!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
396 0 43

Hi Oliver,

Would be worth it to actually give us some information where you want this tax to be placed? Are you charging the VAT in the order correctly so its displayed in the order and now you need to display this information somewhere?

Can you give me some more information.

Kasimir

"Good design is good business"
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

Hi Kasimir, thanks for the quick reply.

I messed up the example, sorry. Let me explain:

Customer buys a product on my page, which has the shown price of 100DKK (including VAT). The VAT here is 25%, which is included in the displayed price, 100DKK. This means that the actual price of the product, without VAT would be 75DKK.

Now, when the customer buys the product, he/she receives a confirmation mail. This mail needs to state how much of the paid price is VAT:

RayBan = 75DKK

+ 25% VAT = 25DKK

Total = 100DKK

Hope this clearifies my question.

Thanks again, and excuse my (probably) stupid questions, i feel like a grandma using facebook for the first time

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
396 0 43

Hi Oliver,

Sorry for a late answer, seems like Shopify didnt notify me via email.

The notification email already by default does include the VAT and the amount that has been paid as VAT.  Do you need to show the actual price without VAT on each line item and then the price with VAT? Or just an actual figure of what has been paid overall in VAT (as this is already supported by default, it does not show on the preveiw tho for what ever reason)?

If the first is the method of choice it is possible to code it, or to use a third party application. Let me know and I can start pointing you to the right direction, it would be rather complex tho.

The notification emails by default are not really receipts, unless you modify it (each country has such different regulations on this). If you want an extremely easy solution around receipts I personally always recommend Sufio

Kasimir

"Good design is good business"
0 Likes
Tourist
10 0 1

Yeah, I am aware. I've checked that all my price tags are included VAT.

It needs to show everything "behind" the selling price, so the customer (and I) can "prove" that he/she has paid 25% VAT. -Stupid law, I know.. 

This means that it should show the price without VAT added to it, then what the VAT is of that product, and then the total of what the customer pays. -which are those two added together (like in the earlier example)

I've noted down Sufio, but I really see it as the absolute last option, as I rather want to fix the problem in staid of getting some paid solution.

Seems I'm going for the complex way! B)

Thanks again man, ya really great

0 Likes