Deducting tax for international orders

1 0 0

Hi there, could someone please help me.

I am based in Australia and have to include the 10% tax/GST in the displayed prices.

However, when we get an international order it does not get deducted from the price.

e.g:

We display a tee shirt for $10 (which includes 10% tax/GST). If someone from the states buys the tee it is still showing as $10... but should be $9 without the GST.  Do I need to add something in the coding, like instead of 0% tax for international it will be -10% - that way it would take the 10% GST off?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Nick

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
20 0 7

I am having the exact same problem.

I am running a shop based in Australia, I want to charge GST (10%) for domestic purchases, and not charge for international purchases. I also must quote price + tax as the listed price.

I have ticked the "include taxes in price" box, and i have set australian tax rate at 10% and international at 0.

I have tested by checking out and entering a US or UK address. The item prices have not reduced once I change the address.

I have read many forum and wiki posts, but none seem to directly answer this problem, making me think I have made some mistake setting this up.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Does anyone have an answer for this?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
122 0 3

Hi, this page will help:

http://support.shopify.com/customer/portal/articles/663599-how-to-show-one-price-with-vat-and-one-pr...

Let me know if you need help implementing it.

Specialized in setting up/customizing Shopify, coupon/discount code management, CSS, XHTML, JavaScript, Ajax, jQuery and SEO. Contact me @ mlkhui@gmail.com
0 Likes
1 0 0

I find this site better for the tax related problems for the international orders and I'll also suggest others to please visit this site. It will be helpful for you guys.

[url=http://www.lacoteimmo.com/prix-de-l-immo/location/ile-de-france/paris.htm]prix location paris[/url]
0 Likes