Diff between initial and solid inventory

jenivaldez
Tourist
12 0 1

Hello guys

I'm completely new retail sales and would really like a report on the quantity of inventory of all products initially entered into the system and what was sold out of that for a particular period of time . I'm hoping to get something more as products all at once , as against individually just viewing the inventory history. it might take forever to look at initial inventory of everything one by one! i attempted searching everywhere within the community, hoping someone can help in some way!

Thanku!

0 Likes
BetterReports-K
Excursionist
45 2 2

Hi @jenivaldez,

Keanna here from Better Reports.

Yes, I would recommend our app Better Reports for this.

The reason you're having so much trouble finding a solution to report your initial inventory is that Shopify doesn't record historical inventory so it isn't available to report via an API. In Better Reports, we have a built-in report called 'Inventory' which shows the all-time 'quantity sold' for each product / variant along with its current inventory.

This report is very useful and can be scheduled to run at a regular cadence to your email or Google Drive so going forward you'd have an accurate record of inventory.

However, for historical inventory, the closest is a sell-through or the back-calculation of adding sales during the period to the current inventory and subtracting the offline record of purchases, since Shopify also doesn't have an API to capture the incoming inventory or manual adjustments. Without concrete offline data, this method would be a crude estimation.

So, going forward, inventory levels will not be a problem though, as of now, only estimation can be done for historical inventory.

I encourage you to install Better Reports and start your free 14-day trial and I'll be happy to walk you through our built-in inventory reports.

Let me know how you go, and feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

Disclaimer: I am part of the Better Reports support team.

0 Likes