Dropshipping Softwares and Resellers License

Tourist
15 0 1

Hi Everyone, 

I am conecting two softwares to my store, specifically Spocket & Modalyst, do utilize my resellers certificate (tax exemption) so that I do not pay taxes since my customers will be paying the tax on the items. Or, when adding items from these sites to our Shopify sites, is the tax automatically imposed on the customer purchasing the item? 

I am the process of making sure I understand all of the tax info before I open up my store to the public and start accepting payments. 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
135 2 8

Hi @SamanthaK! Gabby here from the Community Engagement team at Spocket. 

First of all, thanks so much for considering Spocket! Hope you find our platform satisfactory - please feel free to connect with me here should you have questions and concerns (or contact support@spocket.co). You can also join the official Facebook group of Spocket to engage with other Spocket users.

On Spocket, taxes and custom duties are calculated at check-out when a customer makes a purchase. This is automatically set depending on the country of origin of your customer - so regarding your question, there's no need to use your reseller certificate with Spocket's set-up. Here's an article from our help center that explains this: Do prices include customs duty and taxes?

Hope this was helpful and thanks again for considering Spocket!

0 Likes