EIN & 1099K

You_Sung_Jung
1 0 0

Hi 

In 2016 July we have changed our form of business. As a result we reviced new Tax Number.

I created new paypal address and also update the new address on Shopify.

However I couldn't really figure out how to update Tax Number on Shopify. As a result our 1099K was issued under old business name and Tax number.

How can I fix this issue with1099K and also how can I update my new Tax number on my shopify site?

0 Likes
Karlie_old
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
113 0 6

Hello You!  

Kassey here from the Shopify Guru team! Sorry to hear about the difficulties you've been having. Situations like those are never fun! If you're looking to update your tax information, be sure to send an email to support@shopify.com and we can update that information for you! 
We would need you to include some information in the email so that we can get working on the task as soon as possible. If you could include your country's revenue agency (for example, IRS or CRA) documentation stating your EIN and legal business name - you can provide your W9 or SS4. Please be sure that the email is sent from the Shopify account owner's email address so that we can properly verify! 

I hope this helps, but be sure to reach back out to Shopify support if you have any further questions!

Kassey 
Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Pablo_Orue
3 0 0

Hello there, I need to ad the company's EIN but I can't find this field anymore. Could you guys help me figure this out?

Sincerely,

0 Likes