Finding the right accountant for your online store

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
175 0 34

Accountants not only help us keep our books but also becomes our financial advisor. They help us keep a tab on the costs, the revenue streams and help us look at the big picture.

Finding a right accountant for an ecommerce business though is not the easiest process. You need an expert in the specific niche. After working with 1000s of Shopify stores, we are compiling a step guide to choosing and finding the right accountant for you:

Here's the first part: we look at a simple checklist of eCommerce accounting concepts the accountant needs to be knowledgable about: How to Find the Right Accountant for Your E-Commerce Store - Part 1

Looking forward to your feedback.

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

I will launch an online store hosted on Shopify to sell organic beauty products made by American and Canadian manufactures. Since I am based in Ottawa, ON Canada, I will incorporate my business as a Canadian Federal Corporation. I plan to start with a fulfillment center in Michigan to where my suppliers can ship my orders to serve clients of both countries. Additionally, I am negotiating a drop-shipping model with other American brands. 

In addition to the US treaty based return (form 8833) and disclosure and state return, I was wondering if in your team or network you have somebody able to prepare my financial statements and corporate Canadian tax return. Thank you, contact@rhbeauty.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I will launch an online store hosted on Shopify to sell organic beauty products made by American and Canadian manufactures. Since I am based in Ottawa, ON Canada, I will incorporate my business as a Canadian Federal Corporation. I plan to start with a fulfillment center in Michigan to where my suppliers can ship my orders to serve clients of both countries. Additionally, I am negotiating a drop-shipping model with other American brands. 

In addition to the US treaty based return (form 8833) and disclosure and state return, I was wondering if in your team or network you have somebody able to prepare my financial statements and corporate Canadian tax return. Thank you, contact@rhbeauty.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

It is not easy to find an accountant specialized in cross border tax issues (USA-Canada) with experience in E-commerce. Could you please provide the info of someone. We are a new online store based in Ottawa, Canada that will work with a fulfillment centre in Michiga (USA). 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

It is not easy to find an accountant specialized in cross border tax issues (USA-Canada) with experience in E-commerce. Could you please provide the info of someone. We are a new online store based in Ottawa, Canada that will work with a fulfillment centre in Michiga (USA). 

0 Likes