For tax related to service payment charged through Shopify

Sophie2021
1 0 0

Hi,

our company is in Australia with ABN and tax file number registered, as bank statement shows that, we are charged for $USD 102.99 = 132.80AUD for paying monthly DD payment to Shopify Singapore for marketing and compaign fee.  Could you notify me if this payment included in Australia GST in it?  or it does not.

Thanks.

Sophie

0 Likes
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
862 76 217

Hi @Sophie2021,

Shopify is required to charge 10% GST on invoices to Australian merchants in order to comply with local tax regulations. However, if a merchant is registered for GST and can provide an Australian Business Number (ABN), they will be automatically exempt from paying the 10% GST on future Shopify invoices. If you are registered for GST and have an ABN, head to Settings > Billing in the Shopify admin and in the "Tax registration" section you can choose the "Yes, I'm GST registered" option. You can then provide your ABN.

If you have already done this, then your invoice should not include any GST. If you require someone to take a closer look at this for you, please contact our support team so that we can authenticate you on the store and take a look at your invoices and tax settings to confirm the situation.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes