Getting Paid

Felix7
2 0 0

Hello everyone. I read the FAQ and a couple of thread regarding my isssue and couldn't find a satisfying answer. I haven't launched a store yet but I was wondering how will i receive payments if I live in Egypt? I looked through the methods of payment by country and didn't find my country at all. Is there a work-around this issue? Thanks for reading

0 Likes
Elle_old
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
269 1 26

Hi Felix!

Stephanie here from Shopify. 

You can see the payment provider options for Egypt here. Not every country is listed on that page, so sometimes you have to get crafty and simply add the country name to the end of the URL!

So, to get paid from the sales you make on your Shopify store, depends on the payment providers you have integrated and what payment provider is utilized when sales are made. 

Most payment providers require you to link a bank account when you sign up for a merchant account, so the deposits would be wired directly into your bank account once you've made a sale. The number of days it will take to receive your funds will depend on the payment provider you integrate with!

We have a helpful doc on third party payment providers here as well as the other methods of payments you can utilize besides credit card gateways here

Hope this is helpful! Feel free to reach out to our support if you have any other questions! We're available 24/7. 

Stephanie | Shopify Support
Felix7
2 0 0

I'm extremely thankful for your reply!. I had a question considering "Mastercard Payment Gateway Services". What does it mean? Will they pay with Mastercard? And how will i withdraw the money? Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Leon
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
205 1 54

Hi, Felix. 

Leon from Shopify Support here! 

When you choose "Mastercard Payment Gateway Services" as a payment processor for your store, you'll still be able to accept credit cards from other issuers such as Visa, AmEx, Discover and JCB. This info is available on the page for MPGS here

If you are considering using that payment gateway you can get in touch with them to start a business account on this page

Cheers!

Leon

0 Likes