Gift Cards and new EU VAT regulations

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Victor,

I already talked several times with the German Shopify support and posted this topic in the  German forum.

This topic is quite urgent to most merchants in Germany (and maybe other European countries) as Christmas time is coming up.

There is no useful workaround and we can currently not sell vouchers at all. I have tried overriding categories with tax regulations as suggested by the Germany shopify Support, but they have apparently not tested it themselves, as Shopify doesnt allow to override gift cards or categories including the gift cards.

Is this topic in the technical Roadmap already?

Many thanks for your understanding,

Best regards,

Sandra

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
13 0 7
I'm in the same boat  and have been for years. Please Shopify, fix this issue. We (European vendors) are paying customers for your service, but can't use one of the vital parts of it because it looks like your company is ignoring all of our pleas to remedy this issue.

Using an app is NOT an option (it doesn't fix the tax issues).

Please please please change this so we can have a fair way of using gift cards in our shops.
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Any update on this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I chatted to the Shopify support today, but they also mainly suggest overriding the gift card settings or using an app. They sent the issue to their tax team and will hopefully get back to me soon. I will keep you updated! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1
Thank you! But don't get your hopes up. Kind regards, JW

0 Likes