Gift Cards and new EU VAT regulations

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi @Victor,

is there now already an update on this topic? 

Best, 

Anna

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
13 0 7

Like @NKM I'd like to know if there is an update on this yet @Victor

Why is this basic feature that taking so long to implement. It's literally a case of coding in the option to toggle on or off tax collection on a sale and making sure it doesn't double charge.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
616 54 153

Hey guys,

I do not have an update to provide on this issue at this time, but I will be sure to touch base with the relevant team on this matter again. I can appreciate the frustration in this option not being available for you, and I have ensured that the feedback and suggestions made in this thread have all been passed onto our team looking into this feature so they can better understand how it is affecting merchants in the EU.

As before, I will be sure to post an update here if and when I have one to provide.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey @Victor 

we're building a webstore for our client and we also need that feature.
It is legal requirement and its really not good enough that you do not provide a solution for this.

Looking forward to the resolution for this issue.

Regards

Michal

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Dear @Victor!

Just red all the comments about this issue with gift card taxes. It's a pity that a company that is living from the merchants' whats are generated on it's platform doesn't take care of the merchants who generate business. 
BTW what about an offer? We, who live on the old continent and living under the trade regulation of the EU can get a discount of our Shopify usage as we have to pay for an app to be able to sell our products legally?
That would be a generous way to deal with this ridiculous issue. 

Best regards
Koppany

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

I've read every word of this thread. I'm a UK business and I'm under the UK laws, and I have an accountant telling me I need to fix this ASAP... so, I require a solution @Victor. Please can you flag this again with whoever you need to flag it with. There are thousands ok UK businesses using Shopify and currently breaking the law selling gift cards without tax...

Please help be to fix this. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

@Victor Please advice a timeframe for a solution. Currently we are operating against the law. wich requires to add VAT to gift cards. Please offer a solution to add VAT.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
616 54 153

Hi @xbyx,

I do not have an update to provide, nor do I have any sort of timeframe on when a change may be made. I know that this issue is with the relevant internal team and if I hear any updates on this matter, I will be sure to share it here as soon as I do.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Is there already an update available ? 

Same issues here! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 4

Any news on this? My accountant raised the issue as well.

On top, the new Tax module says I should edit my variants to charge tax, there's a technical error when I try to do so.

'Charge Tax on this product' is also not available in the edit price for gift cards.

0 Likes