Help! Help! My shop should be closed

Highlighted
8 0 0

Hello!

I#m very frusted and I have panic. My credit card was hacked and my bank blocked it. The payment of my Shopify fees has already failed yesterday. I will receive the new credit card in one week at the earliest. I'm afraid that my Shopify account will be closed and maybe all settings deleted. I can't afford that at the moment. I would like to pay, but don't know how. Bank transfer? A friend's credit card? I need a FAST solution. What can I do? I have a basic account for a German shop.

Greetings

Sylvia

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
568 39 96

Hello, Sylvia!

Karlie here from the Shopify Guru Team! I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've been faced with your credit card. If you're not able to pay for your plan right now, then you store will close. Not to worry though, Shopify keeps store data for about 30 days - so once you get your new credit card, you can log into your shop within 30 days to start using your store again! We don't recommend you to use someone else's credit card for your payments unless the person is part of your shop as a staff member and they're completely aware that they are paying for your plan.

When a shop is closed and you want to start using the account again - you would be required to log into the store and add credit card details to pay for your monthly plan. You should expect similar behaviour when you log back into your store after receiving your new credit card. 

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions - be sure to ask and I would be happy to help!

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes