Help! Taxes are not included at checkout

Tourist
3 0 1

Hi,

I tested out my website and at the end of checkout, I noticed taxes are not included. How can I go about fixing this problem? I am located in California.

https://gyazo.com/a349a9078d8933a5b66ec586aca9dffc

Thank you!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
10 0 2

Hi, Krispeas!

Andres from the Social Support Team here :)

Thanks for providing the image! The Admin's Tax section provides a number of tools to customize your store's tax settings such as enabling VAT rates and defining region specific Tax rates or overrides. If your Taxes are not displaying properly at the Checkout, I recommend having a look at two areas:

1. On the Tax Settings page (Settings > Taxes) you will see an option for All taxes are included in my prices. This option should only be enabled if you have already calculated the total amount of taxes into your product's pricing. By having this option checked, our systems assume your pricing already includes taxes and will not apply any rates at the Checkout.

2. Under Tax Rates, select the Country you will be operating from (ie. United States) under the Destination column. On the next page, under Calculating Taxes, ensure that the option I want to specify taxes automatically is checked.

If your store settings match the above steps I've highlighted, you should be offering the proper taxes at the checkout! We also have further documentation on Taxes HERE.

Take care, Krispeas!

Andres | Social Support Team
0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Andres,

Thank you for replying. I have done exactly what you stated and the tax is still not displaying at checkout. I started messing around on the inventory list. I seems I need to manually click "Charge Taxes On this Product" to enable the taxes. Is there another way to set this up without having to go into every product and manually set it up?

https://gyazo.com/145b71a10f7db9cce5d413b5e39b058e

Please help. 

1 Like
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
10 0 2

Hi, Krispeas!

Thanks for the extra bit of clarification! Are you importing your products through the Oberlo App? If so, by default, the tax rates will not import when the products are 'Pushed' to Shopify as this tax information does not exist on Aliexpress' end. That said, there is a quick method of bulk editing all of your products at once known as our Bulk Editor.

To access the Bulk Editor:

1. Head to the Products page.
2. Beneath Filter Products, there is a checkbox to highlight all products at once. Select this option and click Edit Products.
3. You will now be on the Bulk Edit page. Select Add Field and beneath Pricing select Charge Taxes.
4. This will generate a column where you can toggle the tax option on your products all at once. The Bulk Editor behaves like any spreadsheet program. 

We also have further documentation on the Bulk Editor HERE should you run into any troubles! 

Take care!  

Andres | Social Support Team
1 Like
Tourist
3 0 1

Thank you! You're a life saver! 

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi, i have done all of this but it's not working for me. I feel i should be seeing a tax line. I know a client of shopify has it , so i think i can too... how can i add this? 

0 Likes
1 0 0

Had the same exact issue and your post helped me resolve it! Just wanted to say thanks!

@Krispeas wrote:

Hi Andres,

Thank you for replying. I have done exactly what you stated and the tax is still not displaying at checkout. I started messing around on the inventory list. I seems I need to manually click "Charge Taxes On this Product" to enable the taxes. Is there another way to set this up without having to go into every product and manually set it up?

https://gyazo.com/145b71a10f7db9cce5d413b5e39b058e

Please help. 

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Anders,

Is there a reason that I can not see the options 'All taxes are included in my prices'?

0 Likes

Hi @Krispeas, I made a video tutorial for you on how to taxes included into website. Hope this helps! https://www.askquesty.com/shopify-answers/included-taxes-shopify-tutorial

0 Likes