Help with Taxes - Selling as an UK company to the rest of the world - how?

Highlighted
6 0 0

Thank you so much for the help. I have been trying to open an online store for myself and it is really hard to transition for me from an actual location that I had no far from my house in my home town to an online company. I decided to switch because of the pandemic. I have been looking for different options regarding the sale of my store (I used to sell clothes). I have talked to a friend of mine who has made a transition like that before and the first thing he said was that after you find a buyer I need to make sure that all my paperwork is in order. I never rally understood how to navigate the deep water of the bureaucracy so I decided to look for professional help. I found a company that helped me get all the documents for selling a business including all the tax reports, building information and whatever else might be needed in a company sale, I am really grateful to them because they are very helpful and professional especially or someone who s doing it for the first time like me. Now that I am done with that I am currently in the process of building my first online store. Hopefully everything will play itself out. I would love some help regarding the taxes though. So if anyone has any advice please share. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3391 252 605

Hi @seb345,

Nick here from Shopify. I moved your reply to make it it's own topic in the Tax board. 

Is there something specific about the taxes you are looking for help with?  We always suggest talking to a local tax professional or an accountant in your locality to know what you need to know what tax to charge. 

With regards to setting up the taxes in your store admin, there is a guide Shopify has, going through the process which you might find useful and can see here. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Thanks, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes