How not to charge VAT to non European and USA - Please help!

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Kickgame, Can you please give me the details of your developer? We have a similar issue and your approach of coding the Inc VAT price makes the most sense.

Our company is registered in the US but we sell in Europe and are VAT registered. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

They're useless on this matter. They dance around the issue and ultimately advise you to pay for an 'expert' to customise your store when really it's a basic functionality required for all international sellers. It's simple

Europeans don't like to be surprised with added taxes 

Americans & Canadians are used to it

So if you're selling in Europe you want to have taxes included, but when you sell to i.e Americans you don't want to charge them the extra 20%. 

This is a glaringly obvious oversight on Shopify's behalf and there are countless threads on the matter all of which result in Shopify staff fobbing us off with explanations that skirt around the issue and offer no solutions other than to hire an 'expert' even if you're already being fleeced $2k a month for 'plus' services which are an absolute joke as it is. My advice is to move to a better platform, there are plenty of options now that actually care about the needs of businesses 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
11 0 5

Have you researched different platforms?  I looked into Squarespace (same problem) and WooCommerce is hard to get answers from (and not sure if I want a Wordpress based platform).  I need a platform that can easily integrate with FB and Instagram.  Suggestions?  Thanks

0 Likes