How not to charge VAT to non European and USA - Please help!

Highlighted
1 0 1

Ohh my god, this is insane!

We worked so hard on our shop, and wanted to open it in 2 weeks, and now we find out it cannot handle EU VAT...

WHAT?? this is the simplest, most basic thing a online shop must be able to handle, im so disappointed in Shopify..

This must be solved NOW Shopify!!

Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 12

Is there anyone working at Shopify? Anyone at all? That you have far too few programmers I think we can conclude by now but it's really bad business from you guys ignoring us. Just because you had a great 2019 with record growth, you should we well aware not to take it for granted. This is nothing outrageous that we are asking for, heck there is even a legal case to be made that this MUST be built into the platform. 

Does anyone have better experiences with other providers? We are fed up and are looking at options for our e-commerce. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
89 1 36

Hi @LarsDK ,

Checkout our article. on setting-up EU VAT, it might be helpful.

With Sufio, you can also capture and validate your customers' VAT numbers.

Best of luck! If you have any questions about taxes or invoicing, feel free to get in touch at support@sufio,com.

Have a great day,

Liam

Support Manager

Sufio

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi Liam from Sufio,

Thanks for the input, but it doesn't solve the problem. Setting prices without VAT on your Shopify means that when you're using any ad platform (e.g. Facebook, Google Ads, etc), you'll be advertising your products to EU customers with non-VAT prices. Queue a lot of complaints from customers when they see one price on the ad, and then click through to your website to find a higher (VAT-inclusive) price.

Shopify needs to be pull its finger out.

Kru

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 5

@Aria are there any updates on this?

Its been a few months since this has been brought up and i see it is still an issue

Highlighted
1 0 1

It is also causing issues for international shipping out of Singapore tax rates as our tax rates are 7%, which rounding isn't possible if we use excluded VAT. I've contacted your support last year and until now still no progress on this development.

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 6

2 months later and no action from Shopify, our developer has done a workaround so that the our site functions in 'excluding vat' mode then shows a vat inclusive price next to the vat exclusive price, it's messy though with variants priced differently, items regress to the vat exclusive price and will probably cause our customers confusion - fortunately we don't have many variant products. It's an easy fix for Shopify programmers, - fingers out please!

Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 12

Could anyone from Shopify give an update to this? You should realise by the "viewed" numbers of this thread how critical of an issue this is for us merchants. This is really not a complex architectural issue that needs serious coding efforts to amend. Heck, if you gave access to do checkout coding changes our developers would have cleared this issue for us since long. 

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1
With the UK "expected" to leave the EU next January, it is becoming more urgent for us.
Come on shopify get your finger out.
0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Is there any update on this?!

I have just finished building my site after spending plenty of time and money and then have discovered this. I am absolutely broken, to say the least.

0 Likes