How to display prices including VAT on Facebook?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 2

The integration with Facebook is pretty neat. However it shows prices excluding VAT, which is illegal in certain parts of the world.

How can I configure it in such way that the price includes VAT. If this means we have to write stuff in liquid or javascript, that's fine. Is it possible?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Have you found a solution for this? I'm experiencing the same problem...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 2

Yes, it sucks. 

Shopify still shows illegal prices (without VAT) on Facebook. My plan is to redirect all legal action that I will encounter to the legal department of Shopify. I can't change it myself, so it's quite likely that the courts will hold Shopify accountable, not us.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Any updates to this? 

I could manually change the prices on all products in Facebook Business Manager, but that would take a day, and would need a lot of manual labour with future price changes to.

Shopify's VAT system is causing quite some troubles at many parts of my store right now.... 

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hey, I'm running into the same problem and this is the only thread I found.

Is there any method these days to show the prices correctly includuing EU Vat on Facebook now?

Oh no, and I just saw that the wrong price is synched. It transfers the compare at proce to facebook. Thats comlpetely wrong.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 2

Hi!

I've disabled the Facebook integration.

There might be some very difficult workarounds. You can for example change the prizes in the business manager section for the collection on Facebook. However, if you wake up next day or next week they can be synced again and display the wrong prices again.

You might also benefit from a bug that shows the "compared at" price. I think Shopify is so dumb to display that as the price on Facebook. It might be in this case beneficial to you so you can show the price including VAT.

Sorry to disappoint you. I look forward to the day that we have removed Shopify from our business operations. :-D

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Thanks for the answer! To know that this problem still remains is a reason to rethink the usage of shopify.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Has anyone worked out how to do it on Facebook? Can a script be wrote in Shopify to show the price including VAT on FB?  If not can anyone recommend another app that can do this function?

thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hey,

I had a very long email conversation with shopify support about this big issue for German shop owners (or maybe all EU?) a few weeks ago.

But at the moment there is no way to solve this inside shopify and they are not willing to develop a solution any time soon.

I can not understand it because all the needed data are available inside shopify and it can not be too difficult to modify the facebook sales channel that way.

Instead shopify keep saying it has to be solved on facebooks side, but thats simply not true. (Don't want to go in detail here)

So sorry, no solution...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 2

Also in the UK: https://www.asa.org.uk/news/to-include-or-not-to-include-vat-in-stated-prices.html. In the Netherlands it's definitely illegal. Who knows, maybe a shop owner get sued and will sue Shopify subsequently.

I think a European alternative for Shopify might not be a bad idea. :-)

0 Likes