How to structure my business

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi,

I am in the process of structuring my eCmomerce business and want to incorporate ASAP.

I live in Edmonton, Alberta (Canada) and will be working from home however My site will focus on selling to American customers. So essentially I will, source products ideally from the States or the UK and sell them on my site mainly to American customers. 

What I need advice with is how to set up my business. It will be an incorparated company but I need to know if it is best to be incorporated here in Canada or in the US. I am trying my best to avoid being hit hard by taxes or being double taxed, etc. 

Does anyone have experience with this or run a similar business where they are conducting business online in one country but working from home in another country? Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I am hearing that I will need a very experienced and expensive accountant to sort this out for me and would like to know how to proceed before forking over that much cash.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

first of all you have created your website and doing seo and it will help in with your bussiness and the things is that you can earn the money also.

http://sukhpalsinghkhaira.in/
0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

Both countries are not ideal. Go to www.offshorecorpserve.com or email me at zhiming@offshorecorpserve.com. Let me know what sort of "product" you are selling.

0 Likes
15 0 0

Zhiming: What are the advantages of your service compared to what the OP was planning to do?

0 Likes
Highlighted
15 0 0

Kevin, we were in a similar boat. My suggestion, consider running as a sole proprietor for the first few months, meanwhile figure out the ideal corporate structure and get incorporated after 4-6 months

0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

My suggestion is very simple. leave the P&L in overseas to decide where and how you want to pay your tax later. By bringing the profit back to your home country without giving a share to the taxman is tax evasion and I don't think I want to go that route. However, if I leave my profit in overseas and I use the profit for the future growth of the company, I think it is a wise move. The e-commerce is a global platform and I find it nothing wrong to leave the profit overseas to fund future growth. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Did you already thought about going to UAE? There is a good service provider for that purpose: https://www.passport-by-investment.com/
Already made business with them and they are highly recommandable. This goes for service, as well as for prices. The maybe not the very cheapest on the market, but they are cheap

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Did you already thought about going to UAE? There is a good service provider for that purpose: https://www.passport-by-investment.com/
Already made business with them and they are highly recommandable.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I structured my business similar to yours few years ago. I moved my business to UAE with the help of this company, because of the massive tax advantages there. But i still live in the US. For me it works great today, although it took a bit, until i managed it well.

0 Likes