I'm having problem refunding my customers

Highlighted
1 0 0

I had a really bad experience with a dropshipping supplier at aliexpress, so I needed to refund a lot of people.

But the thing is I got a payout before I could repay these people. I really need to know how I can fix the negative balance on my account so that everything is square! All of my refunds are still pending and my account is on a negative.

Please help me in figuring this out.

I need to somewhat pay back the amount of money to the store.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
396 49 65

Hi, @Adam106

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Welcome to the Community, and thanks for reaching out about this.

I’m sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with an Aliexpress supplier! Were you able to get in touch with them to discuss the issue? Depending on what the situation is, you may also want to contact Aliexpress directly, since they do have a Buyer Protection policy.

I’m able to help you on the Shopify side of the situation though! It sounds to me like you used Shopify Payments to process these dropshipping orders, is that correct? 

When it comes to refunds when using Shopify Payments, your customers are immediately refunded for their order as soon as you initiate it. We do this to ensure customer satisfaction, as well as to guarantee that we adhere to the banking industry’s best practices. The funds disbursed for those returns on your behalf are then reclaimed from your next payout, which is why your account would initially be showing a negative balance. For more information about this, take a look at the Help Doc for Refunding and cancelling orders

Have you made any additional sales through Shopify Payments since you’ve had to refund these orders?

If you haven’t, and you wish to discuss repayment of the outstanding amount, please let me know. I’d be happy to put you in touch with our Recovery team to help sort it all out.

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes