I need to add an EIN in place of my social security number

Highlighted
1 0 0

I need to remove my social security number and add my EIN for my store. Any suggestions on how to get this remedied?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1649 99 357

Hey, @beadsbee

I'm afriad this request would not be possible as the SSN is required, even if you have an EIN for your business as we are required by law to report all income to the IRS. However; we can help with adding your EIN to your Shopify Payments account. In order to add/update your EIN, we will require a copy of your CP575 confirmation letter, or any official letter from the IRS containing the official IRS logo, your IRS registered business name, EIN and business address. If you do not have the CP575 or an official letter from the IRS, then you can use a W-9 form which you can print off and fill in from the IRS website here. To help with this, I will need to verify your store via email to escalate the request up to our Tax team. If you can reply to the email titled "Shopify Forum Support" with the requested information then I can help get this resolved. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Peter,

I am also having the same issue. Since setting up our webpage we have now acquired an EIN and need to add it to our Shopify payments. Where can I send copies of the documents you mentioned in your post? Thanks.

Nature's Elements Co.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1649 99 357

@natureselements 

Sure thing! I have shipped you an email. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes