I need to add an EIN in place of my social security number

Solved
starstrung
3 0 0

Hi @Peter I need to have my EIN added as well so that when I receive my 1099-k it shows the EIN instead of my SSN, please let me know how we can proceed and have this corrected, thank you so much! 

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2022 161 432

To all requesting an EIN update:

It is not possible to remove your SSN from your account; however, your EIN can be added to the account for tax purposes. I have sent each of you an email to verify the store. You will need to respond directly to my email and not this forum reply in order to continue with the request. 

@erlis 

As the email was sent a month ago it would be considered closed. I have sent you a new email. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

EWTFOwner
2 0 0

Hey Peter,

Just responded to the email sent.

Please let me know if you got it. 

Thanks!

- CASS Fitness Shop

0 Likes
lilmletters
1 0 0

Hello Peter!

I hope you are having a good day! I also have encountered this problem, in which I would like to swap or maybe add to my SSN my EIN, so I could run this Shopify site under the business. Is there anyway I can do this?  

Thank you!

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2022 161 432

@lilmletters 

I have sent you an email to verify the store. 

0 Likes
jzhangblue
1 0 0

Peter,

I have the same need to add the EIN to the 1099K. Please let me know what to do.

Thanks,

John

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2022 161 432

This is an accepted solution.

@jzhangblue 

It looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

0 Likes