Include Tax in POS but not Online

Highlighted
1 0 0

I am wondering if there was a way to have the tax included in the price on POS but not online? So if someone bought the item online it would be $10 + tax, but if it was in person it would just be $10 with tax included in the price. I would prefer not having to mess with change at shows or anything.

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2283 154 318

Hi @BlueEyedCandles,

Nick here from Shopify. Great question! 

You can adjust and set up the tax rates differently for the POS compared to the online store, but in terms of having the tax included in the price it would need to be the same across the board from your tax settings within the admin as seen below and taking the following steps -  Admin > Settings > Taxes > Tax Calculations:

19-07-y7dgb-o2c6f

You would have to decide one way or another how you'd like the tax to be included here for both POS and online. 

Shopify has two helpful guides which you can read going into everything you need to know about setting up tax rates for POS and how to adjust tax rates in the POS cart

I will, however, mention this to the development team on our end as a feature request. Feedback like this is helpful to know what store owners like yourself are thinking. 

Hopefully, this helps and answers your question! 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes