Including Tax and Shipping in Cost

npv1022
9 0 0

Hello. I need to make it so all my prices have sales tax and shipping included in the price shown to the customer. In other words, they will not see the tax and shipping amounts, only the final amount which includes these. Also, how can I change "Free Shipping" to read "Shipping Included"? Thank you!

0 Likes
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
778 66 193

Hi @npv1022,

Thank you for getting in touch. First of all, you can include taxes into the cost of your products by enabling this option in Settings > Taxes:

20-09-g3d7d-3sk2r

If this option is enabled and a customer is due to pay sales tax on their order, the tax will be calculated as part of the prices of their products and will not be added on.

In terms of shipping costs, you will need to manually raise your prices to account for the cost of shipping and set them accordingly. You can then set a "free" shipping cost in Settings > Shipping and delivery so no additional shipping fees will be applied to your customers' orders at checkout. When creating the shipping rate, you could configure it like so:

20-09-dzdpk-41cda

However, it might actually be better to label the rate as "Free Shipping"—even if the customer is effectively paying for shipping costs via the price of the product, advertising the shipping as free may appeal more from a marketing perspective and could lead to increased checkout conversion as a result. This is something you may wish to consider.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes