Incorrect tax shown in cart page

Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 0

When customer chooses a product and moves to Buy/information page, wrong tax is shown. When the customer proceeds to shipping page correct tax is shown which is more than double of the tax shown in previous page. How to correct the issue and show uniform tax across pages

wrong tax in cart pagewrong tax in cart pagecorrect tax in payment pagecorrect tax in payment page

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1681 207 338

Taxes are just an estimate until you Customer provides the shipping info. Only then Shopify can calculate total taxes appropriately.

This is usually handled by adding a tax calculator on the cart page, but still, the taxes are going to be displayed as an estimate until the customer passes the shipping info step.

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 0

Is there an option to not show tax till shipping info are entered or show tax only in shipping page. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1681 207 338

You can hide tax on /cart page using CSS, or replace it with a message like "Taxes will be calculated after shipping info is provided." in the liquid. It's more involved with the checkout pages, unless you are on Shopify Plus/Gold which allows custom CSS and JavaScript.

- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 0

I think your solution will solve my issue, could you pease guide me on how to edit the exact section/content CSS

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hello,

I am trying to achieve the same thing : adding some styles to the checkout page - I am not a Shopify Plus customer and adding styles via the "Additional scripts" box doesn't work. Is it normal behavior? what type of scripts are accepted with a basic Shopify account?

http://www.toitvolant.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1681 207 338

"Additional Scripts" section would only allow the JavaScript for Google Tracking and nothing else. Maybe scripts for other trackers, but nothing more than that, including CSS.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
Why not renaming this section "JavaScript for Google Tracking and nothing else” instead of "Additional Scripts”?

http://www.toitvolant.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1681 207 338
Good question :) that’s an anachronism, the rules used to be more relaxed back in the days.
1 Like