Initial Inventory vs Sold Inventory Report

AlliAndria
Visitor
2 0 0

I'm completely new to retail sales and would like a report on the amount of inventory of all products initially entered into the system and what was sold out of that for a certain time period.  I'm hoping to generate something more as products all together, as opposed to individually just viewing the inventory history. It would take forever to view initial inventory of everything one by one!  I tried searching everywhere in the community, hoping someone can help in some way!  Thank you!

Replies 5 (5)

Not applicable

HI

This is not available as such can be done using the api 

I am a shopify api expert and happy to help you

Email me makkysolutionsltd@gmail.com

JohnDoherty
Tourist
18 0 3

Hi @AlliAndria,

Great question it is important being able to evaluate your sales against your inventory for demand planning. There is an app called TrueStock (https://apps.shopify.com/truestock) I've used would recommend checking out. It predicts your future sales using machine learning and plans your inventory ahead for you automatically. It syncs automatically daily too which is great and can alert you via slack also!

Hope this helps

RBetterReports
10 0 0

Hi @AlliAndria,

Rishika here from Better Reports.

Yes, I would recommend our app Better Reports for this.

We can show the all time sales of inventory by product / variant all together along with inventory. Trying to figure out how long the inventory was "sold out" in in x days out of the last month isn't possible as it requires historical inventory's API which isn't available. However, we can report on the current sold out inventory. 

You can also schedule this report to be sent automatically to your email or google drive at a regular cadence (like daily, monthly, etc.), so going forward you'll have an accurate record of Inventory as well.

It Is also possible to export the reports in CSV, Excel or PDF format.

I encourage you to install Better Reports and start your free 14-day trial and I'll be happy to set this up for you.

Let me know how you go, and feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

Disclaimer: I am part of Better Reports support team.

Report-Pundit
Trailblazer
302 11 20

Hi @AlliAndria,

It's a good question. In fact, we have received a lot of queries on past Inventory. However, there is no availability of historical Inventory API, but we have an Inventory snapshot feature in Report Pundit.

When you enable this feature, it tracks end of the day Inventory levels from the day of enabling Inventory snapshot.

You will be able to know the Inventory flow like Day to day Opening Inventory, Units Sold, Units Returned, Units Restocked, Units Adjusted & Closing Inventory are tracked in the report.

The Inventory snapshot report helps you get Inventory on a particular date for accounting purpose.

You can also analyze Inventory by each Location and know which product is performing well in each location & can plan your Inventory accordingly.

Contact us at support@reportpundit.com or our live support for help in creating reports.

Thanks,
John

Report Pundit - Instant reports and custom dashboards

Andreea-Datma
Shopify Partner
122 1 6

Hi @AlliAndria I came across your post just now. As it's from a few years back, I really hope you found a fitting solution for your needs. 

And as it seems this post is quite popular with community members, I thought I'd leave here my suggestion also in case other people are looking for similar reports at the moment. 

So, for product-level data analytics such as inventory but not only, I recommend having a look at Datma. Our app provides exclusive product-level insights for the entire catalog, and many other reports. 

For example, we have a dedicated report on Products Inventory with 20+ measures to choose from. 

If you'd like to know more, you can have a look at our Shopify page or drop me a message, I'd be happy to answer any questions that might arise on this topic 🙂